DAY 1: Bus Cusco Pitumarca – Rainbow Mountain – Chillca – Cusco.
Hike to the Rainbow Mountain: This adventure starts really early in the morning, at 2:00 am we will come pick you up from your respective hostel to then head out to the town of Pitumarca, south of the city of Cusco, place where we will make a stop to stuck up on necessary things to start our journey. For example: water or energizers, snacks, cereals, etc. Subsequently to this short stop we will continue with our trip where we will be able to see some beautiful multicolor scenery and crops that blend in between the mysterious mountains, snow peaks, and Andean animals like the llama, alpaca, sheep and vicunas.
We will then arrive to the colorful town of Ocefina (Chillca), place where we will start our hike to Rainbow Mountain, here we will enjoy a delicious Andean breakfast with the town people. After our breakfast we will start with a 4 hour hike up the mountain until we get to the town of Machuraccay where we will then keep going up until we reach the Vinicunca hill, place of access control for this mystical place. Continuing with our hike we wil pass through a path that will slowly be changing the whole panorama of the intense colors of the mountains and the small cold water streams that feed and give life to this valley.
While on our hike we will observe how the colors of our surroundings will start to change with the climate, we will reach an altitude of 5033 meters above sea level, which is the very top of this mysterious rainbow mountain (Vinicunca). Here we will have enough time to take how many pictures and videos you would like, etc. We will also be able to enjoy our snacks here while we take in how beautiful the scenery around is. After our time here is up we will start our hike back to the town of Chillca, where we will have lunch. And finally we will return to Cusco at approximately 8:00 pm, where our hike to Rainbow Mountain will come to an end.
Note: During our hike up we have a horse as a backup in case of an emergency.
MACHU PICCHU HIKE INCLUDES:
- Transportation Cusco - Hanchipata - Cusco
- Food 01 Breakfast- 01 Lunch- Hot Drinks
- Accredited Professional Guide
- Professional Chef specializing in Peruvian gastronomy
- Kitchen tent
- Entrance to the Mountain of the 7 Colors
- Emergency horse for the group
- First aid kit / oxygen / medication / pill for height, etc.
- Arriero for horses
MACHU PICCHU HIKE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Beverages except what is mentioned
- Food except what is mentioned
- Extra expenses
- Air flights
MACHU PICCHU HIKE RECOMMEND TO TAKE:
- A light backpack with a change of clothing for the entire trek - be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rainwear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for about $ 1.
- Heavy-duty footwear, we recommend waterproof trekking boots. Extra stockings can not be missing.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, polar liners, gloves, scarf and hat. Thermal clothing is also recommended.
- Camera, rolls and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- Cream for after sunbathing or moisturizing for face and body.
- Toilet paper, inside and outside luggage.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
- We suggest you bring pills to sterilize the water in case you collect water from the streams.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROCHI PHILS, ampoule protection, etc.
- Cash - enough for snacks and souvenirs.
- Binoculars (if equipped)